Age spots, creases, lines, loose skin, and wrinkles are just a few of the many symptoms of aging. They can detract from your natural beauty while making you look and feel significantly older than you are.
Treating these symptoms has, until recently, required that patients go under the scalpel of a surgeon. These procedures leave scars, require repeat surgeries as your skin continues to age, and may prove to be ineffective for more than a quick change in appearance.
New treatment options are emerging for patients who want to look younger without dealing with the many complications of surgery. Ultherapy represents one of the most promising treatment options for these patients.
Skin Tightening Without Incisions
Treating loose skin has required the careful application of a scalpel to the skin. Much like tailors cut excess cloth from clothes that are too large, surgeons trim the excess skin while pulling it taut to the patients’ body.
The major drawback of this approach is the need for recovery. It can be painful, create scars, and run the risk of infection.
Ultherapy aims to solve the problem of loose skin without requiring a scalpel or a surgeon. It utilizes ultrasonic waves to transmit energy harmlessly through the upper layers of the skin.
When these ultrasound waves reach the collagen that resides in the deepest layers of the skin, it vibrates the collagen to create heat. This heat carefully destroys old collagen structures and initiates the process of growing new collagen beneath the skin.
This new collagen tends to be significantly sturdier than the old collagen, resulting in the gradual tightening of skin without the need for surgery.
Reasons to Choose Ultherapy
Ultherapy carries numerous advantages for patients who experience light to moderate loose skin. These advantages do not exist with other invasive types of treatments.
Below is a brief list of the advantages that Ultherapy brings:
- No Incisions – Ultherapy initiates the process of skin tightening without the need for the removal of skin. This leaves your skin as beautiful as it was when you were younger.
- Minimized Risk of Side Effects – The most prominent side effects of Ultherapy is redness, which usually subside within a few days of treatment.
- Gradual Results – While some of the results of Ultherapy can be seen immediately following therapy, the majority of the skin tightening will occur gradually. This makes the results look more natural.
- Combining with Other Treatments – Ultherapy can be combined with other treatments like dermal fillers and BOTOX® to produce even greater results.
- Repeat Procedures are Easy – Ultherapy sessions take between thirty minutes to an hour to perform. This makes them quick and pain-free, which makes repeat sessions easy to undergo in the future.
Ultherapy: Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
Ultherapy provides an accessible alternative to patients who may not want to or are unable to undergo traditional skin-tightening surgery.
While there are limitations to how much skin tightening Ultherapy can bring, an experienced dermatological care provider can help you minimize the signs of aging by making your skin look more beautiful, more firm and smoother than you may have thought was possible without surgery. Contact Cosmetic Surgical Arts Center today to schedule a consultation.