According to research by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), there is a continuing popularity of cosmetic surgery in Seattle and across the country. Both men and women are taking advantage of new types of procedures, including surgical and minimally-invasive, to put their best face and body forward. There was a two percent increase in 2015 and a 115 percent increase since 2000.
According to a study by Persistence Market Research in the U.S., cosmetic surgery will be the largest emerging market by 2020. This can be seen today with the high rate of growth in the past decade. More men and women than ever are willing to invest in their appearance to look younger and more physically fit.
Traditional facelifts are still popular, but they are no longer in the top five surgical procedures performed in 2015. People are choosing a diversity of procedures that target different areas of the body. There has been considerable growth in breasts lifts, buttock lifts, lower body lifts and upper arm lifts.
The current top five cosmetic surgery procedures are:
• Breast augmentation that includes breast lifts and breast implants
• Liposuction because there is a focus on reducing fat and it is often combined with an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck procedure
• Tummy tuck to tighten the abdominal muscles especially in conjunction with breast augmentation after pregnancy
• Rhinoplasty or nose job reshaping the nose or opening nasal passages
• Eyelid surgery for a more youthful appearance
Minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures are also on the rise in popularity in Seattle and elsewhere. Some of the most popular are:
• BOTOX® for removing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles caused by muscle movement
• Dermal fillers to remove the appearance of static wrinkles caused by loss of volume
• Chemical peels to remove the top layer of skin and eliminate certain age or sun spots, scars, hyperpigmentation and other skin issues
• Microdermabrasion to remove the top layer of skin and eliminate certain age or sun spots, scars and hyperpigmentation
Another significant change is the rise of cosmetic surgery for men. This is attributed to the growing numbers of baby boomers who want to maintain their youthful appearance.
In the past 20 years, technology has opened a wide variety of options for cosmetic surgery and non-surgical cosmetic procedures. It is now easy and convenient to remove wrinkles, unwanted body hair and dark spots. These are good reasons for the rising popularity of cosmetic surgery in the Seattle area.
If you are interested in cosmetic surgery, make an appointment at Cosmetic Surgical Arts Center, with offices in Lynnwood and Mount Vernon. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and get started.